Sunday, May 7, 2017

End of the Semester Reflection

     The semester is coming to a close, and it's time to reflect back on the past few months. I really enjoyed being a part of this course this semester. I appreciated the chance to switch up the normal structure of most classes for a bit of a more non-traditional structure. The opportunity to decide the curriculum a bit ourselves as the students was challenging but fun. The beginning of the class started off a bit rough, with a lot of uncertainty in how to structure the class ourselves, but we definitely got into the groove of things and covered so much in organizational behavior. As we work on wrapping up the primer today, I am super proud of the work we have all accomplished together. The topics of personality and emotional intelligence are what stuck with me most. The theme I kept getting over and over again throughout the duration of the course was the importance of understanding people. And I feel that after this class I am better prepared to understand and manage people as a hospital administrator in the future. On top of all of the information I learned from the various presentations and blogs throughout the semester, I feel I became a better participator, writer, and presenter.

1 comment: