Monday, March 20, 2017

Part One Reflection

     Prior to spring break we wrapped up the first part of the class, which focused on the individual aspect of organizational behavior. Much of the topics we discussed revolved around understanding ourselves. We covered motivation, emotional intelligence, character, personality, identity, and resilience. I felt that I was able to learn a lot about myself through the pre-work, discussion, and activities under each topic. The biggest piece for me was learning my personality type, and what that means in the workplace. I found the MBTI to be incredibly interesting and full of information. It was crazy to see myself summed up so well by the personality type selected for me by the online quiz. I feel that with the things I learned about myself through this first section of the class, that I can better apply myself in the workplace. Being able to understand yourself is so critically important.
     While the beginning of the class was a bit loose and unclear, things have definitely begun to fall into place. We have gotten into the routine of the structure of the class, and I think we are on a good track. Today we were introduced to interpersonal relationships by the first presentation about communication. Next up, Regan, Carly, and I will be presenting on performance evaluations on Wednesday.
     I am looking forward to what the next section on interpersonal relationships has to bring!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found the MBTI useful. It is a very popular tool and most people in the business world have done it. My advice is to use it as a starting point for thinking about personality - you may decide later on that the preferences you identified now are not correct. It took me several years of reflection to recognize what I think is my true type. We are all different, the key lesson is understanding that.

    ReplyDelete